EE Admissions Fall 2012

ece_mania

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone going to attend or has done a visit at UMich? I am getting a late recruitment effort from a professor there and could really use some thoughts on the program? I applied there under BME, assumed I was rejected, and then haven't looked into the school at all. I might fly out next week to check it out, but seeing as how we are so close to April 15th I don't get much time to think about the program. I guess I got rejected from BME dept but would go through the EE dept and work in a BME lab if that matters. This is for a PhD.

Any thoughts on reputation, prestige, Ann Arbor as a place to live, career opportunities after graduation for academia or industry, etc? I have only lived in LA and Boston and know nothing about Michigan and could really use any commentary from people familiar with the school or area.

Is anyone going to attend or has done a visit at UMich?

I attended the UMich visit on the weekend of March 8th and recently decided to accept the offer. Ann Arbor seems quiet, but nice, and I'm excited to move there. I'm also from LA.

Did you get that from the university? Do late notifications mean its a rejection?

Yes the secretary told me. I still don't have any decision posted on mine yet... but like I said before, the professor said he would admit me so it might not be a rejection to hear back late...

Hi

I got an admit to the UCLA PhD program. Got it quite a while ago actually -- haven't been checking GradCafe regularly so didn't post about this earlier. I was interviewed around 15th Feb by a couple of professors and a verbal confirmation was given then. Got the official admit much later.

Don't worry guys :) Good news is still good news even if it is late!!

Anyone else who has gotten in to UCLA?