Is it possible to get admitted...........

TexasGuy

based on you unofficial GRE scores and unofficial GPA? i havent yet sent my transcript or paid the ridiculous $23 to get my report mailed in..do they just use those for confirmation or do they need to receive those before making decisions?

Edited by TexasGuy

They will definitely need your official GRE scores sent to them; I'm pretty sure that's mandatory, so you'll need to shell out those 23 bucks. In terms of GPA, it depends on the school. For some schools, it was fine for me to send in a pdf of my transcripts. For other schools, an official transcript in a sealed envelope issued by my school was required. I would recommend that you consult the admissions pages of the individual programs to which you are applying.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Depends on the school, some will let you submit unofficial scores and will only want originals if/when they decide to admit you. Many other schools ask for official transcrips as part of the application and will consider your file incomplete and hence not review it without them. In either case, you will have to submit official transcripts before your admission offer is finalized.

Some schools require only scanned copies of scores as well as of transcripts uploaded onto the online application system and want your official scores and transcripts only if they offer you an admission.

You should read the admission website of each school carefully to know their exact requirements.