Stats of people accepted to MIT?

csApplicant

looks like MIT is starting to send out rejection notifications.

i'm really freaking out - no news from many of the schools i applied to is seeming to be bad news. no news yet from jhu, penn, mit, berkeley, michigan...

I'm feeling the same way, not having heard anything from any school. But no news is technically better than a rejection (if only slightly).

• 4 weeks later...

We had an interesting talk tonight with the head of EECS admissions at MIT. He's one of my potential advisors here, so we were at the same table. He said they generally spent 20-30 minutes on each application until they narrowed it down to the top 100. Then they literally spent hours on each app, downloaded the papers we listed in our app, and even looked at the project source code if we had it available for download O_O (luckily, we didn't). He said the GRE is absolutely pointless and a waste of money, which is why they don't require it. He's even been trying to get MIT to lower or eliminate the application fee.

Just thought I'd share!