admission for masters in econ at Queen's

naifang

So I got this email from Queen's econ graduate coordinator this tuesday, and here's the first part of the it:

I am very pleased to inform you that we have recommended your acceptance into the M.A.

program in the Department of Economics at Queen’s University. You will receive an official

letter of acceptance from the School of Graduate Studies and Research at Queen’s, both online

and, when your acceptance is final, by mail

Has anyone received this before? What does this mean exactly? Why can't they just send me one letter indicating clearly if I'm accepted or not.....

Thanks.

Hi NaiFang,

This means that you have been accepted (CONGRATS!). It's really just a matter of wording. Essentially the department is saying that they've accepted you 100% and that they've sent the acceptance to the School of Graduate studies to be processed into an official contract (with all the fancy wording and details of the offer--ie. funding and time frame) that you can accept or decline.

Hope that helps.