The Universities that I Haven't Heard Yet

mert

Hello everyone,

I applied a number of schools for PhD, but I haven't heard any word from some of them (UCSB, Ohio State, UMich, UT at Austin, University of Maryland, Columbia[PhD rejected waiting for masters]). What do you think about the chances that I may get admitted to these schools?

Should I email and ask them for admission results?

I don't know exactly what program you applied to at UT Austin, but I have a friend in the CSEM program and they had their interview weekend a week or so ago. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask about your application status at any of the schools though.

CS Admissions for UT Austin went out in late January. They auto-reply email says they will probably only be admitting a few extra students if many decline offers. Sorry to break the news.

On the plus side, I'm leaning against going there, so there's probably at least one spot!

UMich replied my email really fast. Here what is sent

Applications are currently being reviewed. With over 1,300 applications, the Admissions Committee is working diligently, yet thoroughly, in reviewing each application. There is no timeline, but we realize the importance of timely decisions.

UT's reply

If you applied to our Ph.D. program:The primary round of admission offers have been sent out. It's possible that we will continue to admit a small number of students, and if you are among that group, you will be contacted immediately.

If you applied to our Master's program:

The initial round of admission decisions have been made, but we anticipate additional decisions will be made over the coming weeks. If you are chosen for admission, you will be contacted.

Edited by mert

UT sent another strange mail below. What does that mean? Is this a reject or there a small chance to get in?

Thank you for your application to our CS department. While the review process is officially still ongoing, we are writing to inform you that most of our decisions have already been made and accepted applicants have been notified. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Edited by mert