Anyone heard anything from UT-Austin?

octav1an

@ Ivan3749: Actually I applied to the ECE dept in UVirginia, so it may not be relevant. Anyway, initially they offered me 13K TA/RA (didnot specify which one) for 9 months. A couple of days back, I received a mail that I will be receiving a 30K fellowship for the first year. I haven't received the official fellowship letter yet. I am not sure if the fellowship is concurrent with the assistantship position; I am waiting for the actual letter.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Ivan3749: Actually I applied to the ECE dept in UVirginia, so it may not be relevant. Anyway, initially they offered me 13K TA/RA (didnot specify which one) for 9 months. A couple of days back, I received a mail that I will be receiving a 30K fellowship for the first year. I haven't received the official fellowship letter yet. I am not sure if the fellowship is concurrent with the assistantship position; I am waiting for the actual letter.

Wow, that's a great fellowship, with those 30k you should be able to hire your own part time RA and travel to more conferences and stuff like that :):). That is a very nice offer, and specially since Charlottesville is definitely not an expensive place. So yeah, my friend and I applied for CS so this might not be relevant, but thanks for the info anyways!

Good luck with the rest of your applications