AdvicePlease! Funded vs. MAYBE funded

WhaWhat

So I've seen variations of this on forums, but was hoping that because it is late in the cycle people who had similiarly difficult decisions could share their wisdom or any regrets.

I was accepted into Program 1 with almost full funding.

Also accepted into Program 2 and recommended for TA position. However, I have to wait for TA position approval and I do not know the funding amount if it is approved.

The deadline to accept the first offer will very, very likely come before I get more info on the second. (Request to extend acceptance deadline was denied :unsure: )

The thing is, if I got the same funding from both, I'd choose Program 2.

I want to handle this as professionally as possible. I am also aware how fortunate I am to be in this position and that others could possibly get whatever funding I turn down. For that reason, I am very reluctant to accept and the first offer and later rescind (someone could not accept admission bc of lack of funding in the meantime!). But on the other hand, I could end up with nothing :mellow:

What would you do it my situation?

How would you handle it as professionally as possible?

Has anyone heard of being recommended for a TA position but not being approved?

Also, I have about 3 days to decide.

Edited by WhaWhat