Oxford for Mst in Study of Religion or NYU for Draper MA?

lo611

I was accepted into 3 VERY different programs...an MA in Music/Music Education at Teacher's College at Columbia, the interdisciplinary MA in Humanities and Social Thought at NYU, and a Master of Studies in the Study of Religion at Oxford.

At the latter two, which are the main two I'm considering, I'd be focusing on gender politics/women and spirituality

NYU gave me a 50% tuition scholarship, and I could have a job much more easily if I were in the U.S., so financially it might be preferable, except I'd still be living in NYC, and Oxford would only be 9 months long instead of 6-8 semesters.

I plan to go on to a Ph.D. in women's and gender studies (probably also related to spirituality), so Teacher's College is pretty much out of the question at this point, I think (except a tiny part of me just wants to run off and do music).

I AM SO CONFUSED. Would it be much, MUCH more impressive for Ph.D. programs to have gone to Oxford, or does the program itself make a difference, since I'd probably get in more actual gender politics research at NYU? Should I just chuck it all and do the music program? Join a queer circus?

Comments would be amazing.