SOP - Int'l Dev

nickel

Now that I've taken the GRE (155Q, 166V, 4.5AW), I'm getting more serious about writing my SOPs. I don't have an international background (BA in Marketing), so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for a little background reading. I'm focusing on one school at a time and I know I need to talk about some specific items in the curriculum that I think will help me, as well as particular professors that I would like to learn from. I've started reading some of their published articles, etc., but am wondering if there are any Int'l Dev books or publications I should read.

Feel like a bit of an laggard compared to some of the others on this post because of my background, so just trying to get up to speed a bit.

Thanks.

I've worked on a client's global business account in my current position (located in the US), but I don't have any experience working abroad. The closest international experience I have is travel.

But I'm more interested in recommended reading from people who are in the field, in grad programs or graduated from undergrad programs in Int'l Dev.