Cornell Biology 2009

rdrdrd

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard from their Phd program? When do they notify?

Did you apply to Weill Cornell (NYC) or Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)? If the latter, which Field did you apply to?

I applied to G&D at Ithaca. Interviewed & am flicking my thumbs now...

[i.want.this.too.badly.]

When did you interview? I applied to BMCB at Ithaca and heard back about a week and a half after the interview (they told us that we should all hear our results within two weeks). But I guess it may be different for G&D, although I think they are actually a smaller program (in terms of student population size) than BMCB.

interviewed 26-28 february.

congratulations on your acceptance to BMCB.

Thanks! I interviewed there during Feb. 26-28 as well; I just heard back on Monday. I hope you hear back soon too - waiting is agonizing.

Wow. Well I guess we must've met.

Hi, I'm the one who apparantly didn't get in...

[sorry for the downer]

Don't be too down. Just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean you won't get in - especially because you applied to G&D, which does things separately from BMCB and may well be slower in getting back to interviewees.

We could've met, but not necessarily; I don't think the BMCB interviewees had many joint activities with the G&D interviewees. I think by and large the BMCB interviewees and the G&D interviewees ran in separate groups and had separate events and activities.

we may not remember each other but i'm sure we met.

i understand that we were kept fairly seperate during the weekend but i made an effort to infiltrate bmcb during the last bar social gathering on saturday night. once there [& over loud music] i met quite a few [as in a LOT] of bmcb applicants.

so unless you skipped out on it...

anyway, thanks for the encouragement. however it's probably wise to adopt the "aggressive pessimism" view so many others have mentioned.

we may not remember each other but i'm sure we met.

i understand that we were kept fairly seperate during the weekend but i made an effort to infiltrate bmcb during the last bar social gathering on saturday night. once there [& over loud music] i met quite a few [as in a LOT] of bmcb applicants.

so unless you skipped out on it...

anyway, thanks for the encouragement. however it's probably wise to adopt the "aggressive pessimism" view so many others have mentioned.

Well, best of luck. :) We probably didn't meet as I was, due to exhaustion, among the group of BMCB prospectives that did not attend the bowling event Saturday night (I presume that is what you're referring to).