Rolling admissions, length of time until decision

Lauren Victoria

I am in the process of applying to Johns Hopkins MA in Museums Studies program. All of my application materials will be submitted tomorrow. They have rolling admissions, with a recommendation to have your application submitted two - three months before the start of the semester in which you want to begin, which, for me, would be spring 2013-- start date January 23. Generally, how long does it take for the admissions committee to decide on an application once it is received? If anyone has specific information on JHU, that would be great, but information based on any program with rolling admissions would be helpful. I realize the length of time can vary, but I wondered if there was a usual time-frame.

Thanks!

It varies greatly. NYU says 2-4 weeks ones all materials have been received. Georgetown says 8 weeks (I'm going on 13 weeks with them however). The don't guarantee you have a decision until a 2 weeks before the program starts though.

• 2 weeks later...

It varies greatly. NYU says 2-4 weeks ones all materials have been received. Georgetown says 8 weeks (I'm going on 13 weeks with them however). The don't guarantee you have a decision until a 2 weeks before the program starts though.

But how about the international applicants?

I'm also waiting for the Spring decision and just don't know how I should take care of the visa process!

But how about the international applicants?

I'm also waiting for the Spring decision and just don't know how I should take care of the visa process!

I don't know anything at all about international applicants. I know some schools ask that you start the application process sooner. Where did you apply?

I can't speak for international applicants either. But, at my school, you guys have to apply ~4-6 weeks before the rest of us (even though I think you find out when everyone else does). As for me, a domestic applicant, the wait time varied. One school took 2 months, another waited 10 days. I think my average was 6-7 weeks though (I applied to 9 schools). Unfortunately, no I can't speak for JHU specifically.