French PhD or Comparative Literature PhD? (USA)

Nicko

Hi!

I am considering applying for some PhD in the States but I have kind of a dilemma.

I am French, I have a BA in French literature from a French university (Montpellier), and I have an MA in Comparative Literature at UCL.

I will apply to NYU, Columbia, Cornell and Brown, but I would like to know if, being French, my chances to be accepted to these universities are higher if I apply to the PhD in French, or the PhD in Comp Lit?

My thesis could be done in both these fields so I would like to choose the PhD for which I am more likely to be accepted.

Please, could you give me any advice?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think no one responded because no one knows the answer. You should direct this question to the admissions dept, but instead of saying "which program do i have a better chance of getting into?" you should ask "how can I figure out which program will be a better fit for me?" -- and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you figure that out!!!