Harvard

typeshifty

I might be heading to Harvard as well, but still waiting on news about funding. Unfortunately, I can't visit because I'm out of the country until May. Quick question- do most grad students live in the grad housing, or rent apartments?

I might be heading to Harvard as well, but still waiting on news about funding. Unfortunately, I can't visit because I'm out of the country until May. Quick question- do most grad students live in the grad housing, or rent apartments?

I went up to check things out a week or so ago and I found that there's a split--a lot of first years live in the grad housing (which I unfortunately didnt get to see) and while some G1's live off campus, virtually every other student beyond the first year was living nearby but off campus. I'm trying to weigh the options myself now. Good luck and safe travels!

GG

maybe, got the admission, but they are not as generous as other universities to provide multi-year full funding...

and, how is the repution of harvard grad sch of education?

I guess I am impressed mostly because of the name of Harvard is appealing, and the city is wonderful...

• 2 weeks later...

I am.. for HGSE. Are you in the Ed school too?

I am looking forward to it, but i definitely have butterflies... coming in from Texas, and I haven't been to Cambridge in ages.

the b&b that they recommended had cheap rooms and looked really cute so i reserved a room... are you staying nearby?

I went - and i loved it. I learned a lot and got to see some of the dorms.. my department was fantastic and everyone was warm and friendly. i didn't want to come back:) if you have any specific questions, i would be happy to do my best to answer them, based on my tours and meetings around campus last week.

I am now officially headed to Harvard in the fall! Master's in Public Policy.

Any Midwesterners in this thread? (Michigander/Minnesotan here)

Missouri! Also, check out the Gov't Affairs sub-forum - most of the K schoolers are over there instead.

Hello! Congrats to everyone! :) I was wondering if anyone had a read for the graduate student housing situation? I applied for housing at both the Cronkhite Center and for the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Housing. I am an education student, so I am not guaranteed housing at GSAS, and Cronkhite is a lottery drawing. Does anyone have an idea of numbers? Such as, how many people apply for these places and how long the wait list gets? I really have no clue, I'm just hoping to live on campus because it seems like the cheapest option. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Here: http://www.gsas.harvard.edu/current_stu ... cation.php they have info about the housing lottery. It says that for non-GSAS students they determine order of preference by how far away their current address is from campus, but it doesn't say how many people are on that list.

Also, hi! I'm starting a PhD in historical musicology in the fall. I can't wait for August.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use