Which is a Better direction for success

HeatherC

I am in my senior year of undergrad studies with a major in Politial Science and minor in Criminal Justice. I would like to work for the government in the Intelligence field or some type of Homeland Security. I have found 5 grad schools that will give me a masters in intelligence/security none of which I am crazy about their locations. However, I can get a Ph.D. in Political Science and stay in Colorado and/or take courses just about anywhere. So which would be better or which would you suggest? I don't necessarily want to teach but I have heard that you don't really get into research unless you are going for a doctorate.

To out things into perspective I am living in WV, moving to CO in June 2013. After I graduate if I chose the masters I will have to move back across the country or the PhD I could stay in CO which is very appealing. Please give me some insight I am really conflicted. Money is also an issue.