The stats book you wish you had as an undergrad senior?

BeingThere

I can also recommend some texts if you're interested in learning a specific program. In addition to SPSS, I just took a class where I learned R, SAS, and JMP.

That's what's great about reading about the statistical techniques in research articles, DarwinAG!  I have a plethora of examples of what I don't know yet.  ;-)

Okay, when I know as much about stats as Michael Zickar, I'll take a breather. 

Thanks, Sdt13.  I've heard good things about the Howell text. 

I only know SPSS so far.  I am not sure if my school offers students SAS licenses, but of course I could get R.  I have not heard of JMP outside of this forum.

This may seem like a lame question, but is it worth it to get familiar with other stats software?  I am sure it would make me seem more marketable come grad app time.  But are there advantages beyond that?

With my experience, R, SAS, and JMP are almost useless for me (SPSS's user interface is the easiest by far). The only thing I like better is JMP's graph building feature. Honestly, I only took that class because one professor (who seems to dislike SPSS) said that R is up and coming in psychology, but I have yet to see that anywhere. The only other package I know some of the grad students at my school are picking up is STATA. 

With my experience, R, SAS, and JMP are almost useless for me (SPSS's user interface is the easiest by far). The only thing I like better is JMP's graph building feature. Honestly, I only took that class because one professor (who seems to dislike SPSS) said that R is up and coming in psychology, but I have yet to see that anywhere. The only other package I know some of the grad students at my school are picking up is STATA. 

My professor this semester encouraged us to use R. I really love it, but I agree that the SPSS interface is quite polished.