anyone applying to the Bush School (A&M) this year? (Fall 2013)

cptdelorean

• 2 weeks later...

I am, yes.

No one knows their funding levels yet. Should know that next week.

Actually, financial award info was mailed out on March 11 or 12. Depending on where someone lives, they may already have it -- I received mine yesterday. I was offered a Robertson Fellowship. Needless to say, I will accept.

Edited by Donk

..Wow. My award was not even close to that. Any way you could PM me your quals/background?

I received it yesterday too.

Sure, pm sent. I was very surprised. As I mentioned in my pm, my sense from the interview conference was that there were a number of HIGHLY qualified applicants who would be attractive to many IA programs.

My sense after reading these boards is that the Bush School is often considered a lower tier program than some others. However, I am extremely pleased and feel that the Bush program is an exact fit for my career plans and aspirations, and offers precisely what I need out of a graduate program. Because of this, even if I were a competitive applicant for more well-known, prestigious programs (I'm not, based on my observations), I would still choose the Bush School and consider it my best option.

I am definitely going. Very pleased with what I saw at the interview conference.

Funding varies; I got less than some other people but my GRE/GPA wasn't as high as it should have been. I guess I qualified with experience and some other factors.

One thing you should keep in mind though is that allowing out of state students to pay in state tuition is, in itself, a HUGE plus financially. I was accepted to GSPIA and ultimately decided there was no way I could justify paying $25k+ just for tuition versus this option.

• 11 months later...