French student need your opinion

Hello,

I'm a french biology student and in English, I must make a video on my University. I need your opinion, your help, to know which information you would like know to come to study in France. For example, tuitions free, environnement etc...

Can you help me?

Regards

C

I can tell you what factors come to my mind when I apply for PhD positions in European universities. Other than tuition fee and environment:

1) Coursework and how that will be organized (this has been one of my major concerns while applying for PhD positions in Europe as they treat you more like paid employees rather than students), No. of official working hours per day, facilities in the labs, infrastructure, etc

2) Stipend, financial support, health insurance, etc

3) Cultural activities..eg: music scene, food, diversity, outdoor activities, etc.

4) Time taken for completion.

5) Housing, transport, etc near the University. (cost of living in the city)

6) Campus hot spots, restaurants and eateries on or near campus, etc (for the purposes of making a video).

• 2 months later...
1) Coursework and how that will be organized (this has been one of my major concerns while applying for PhD positions in Europe as they treat you more like paid employees rather than students), No. of official working hours per day, facilities in the labs, infrastructure, etc

I agree, this is not obvious to American students. In American Universities, we have a semester of classes (sometimes a shorter, tri-mester) followed by a longer paper or exam in every class. When I studied abroad in Germany, I didn't realize there was such a long break between semesters and often papers and exams don't happen until graduation. Of course, since I was visiting, I didn't have the same stress level during this break, but I was left wondering where everybody in my small college town was hiding when there were no classes :)