UW CS admissions

csRequiresCoffee

I got an acceptance last week. I'm interested in machine learning/comp vision/comp neuro/robotics. I'm finishing my BSc now, so don't have a masters. My gpa is ~3.8, though higher if you only count CS/math/stats courses. I did really well on the verbal/analytic sections of the GRE (mid-high 90th percentile) and not so well on the math section (low 80th percentile)...guess thats what I get for writing them last minute! I have some undergrad research but no publications.

Hope that helps...and good luck!

I also got an acceptance last week. My research interests are in OS and PL. I went to a top liberal arts school, decent GPA, very good GRE scores, one publication in a fairly major conference and solid LORs.

I am guessing that when decisions get released varies not only by subfield but by POI--I was contacted directly by a professor in my area.

Good luck!

I got a call last week as well - my interests are in AI/ML. Top liberal arts school (when did we get the liberal arts label stripped?!), adequate GPA, adequate GRE, one publication for a big conference accepted and one submitted, and what I suspect must've been damn good LORs given my GPA.

My suspicion is that most AI folks have been contacted, and as turkey mentioned, POI's appear to be operating on their own schedule. Hope things go well for you!

Edited by robot_unicorn