Anybody else apply to Tulane for a PhD in cultural anthropology?

pughug125

... probably be another 4-6 weeks before final decisions are made...

This makes sense, giving a Feb 1 deadline.  But, as much as I would love to live and study in NOLA, my mind is starting to crystallize around the acceptance that I already have.  It's getting to the point that they would have to give a really great package to dislodge my other school from my mind (assuming I get in).

That was me.  I am cultural.   She says that they are meeting next Wed.  My case is a bit unique, so I figure I have some 'splainin to do.  I am somewhat surprised, but this brings Tulane back up to the fore. What will be, will be. 

The Ad-com is meeting this week, but there will probably still be some horse-trading afterward.  News should start trickling out sometime next week.  I was told that they are taking about 6-8 students in this cohort, with a small waitlist.  Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for letting us know what you learned - my POI warned that decisions could come as late as April, so I'm glad to hear some indication that maybe it won't take that long after all!  Good luck y'all!

Hi!  I just found this thread and wanted to let anyone know who didn't hear that they met today.  I was told I was accepted unofficially this afternoon but haven't received a real letter yet so don't worry if you didn't hear anything =)  Good luck, everyone!!

I got a little anxious when I saw other people getting results, so I decided to bug my POI for an update.  He said that archaeology decisions are still being made, but his references to time frame didn't get any more specific than "soon".

I got a little anxious when I saw other people getting results, so I decided to bug my POI for an update.  He said that archaeology decisions are still being made, but his references to time frame didn't get any more specific than "soon".

Good luck for all the Archaeologist still waiting. Hope to see you all in New Orleans!!

Got my Tulane rejection in the mail today - ouch!  I was a little surprised to find a standard rejection letter in the mail without a word from my POI, since we'd communicated considerably over the past few months.  Congratulations again to everyone who was accepted!