CMU Heinz 2012

thewildchild

I logged in today and found an acceptance letter. MSPPM, 2-year track, $14K/semester funding. My stats: 166Q, 170V, 6AW, 4.0 GPA, Economics major, applying straight out of undergrad.

Thanks! Didn't apply for the DC track, because I want to have the option of taking higher-level quant courses. I submitted my app on January 5, which, if memory serves, was the deadline.

Impressive!!! Congrats on the full-funding. May I ask DC-Track or 2year Pitt?

2 year Pitt - still waiting on WWS/HKS and a few others, but I'm pretty happy about it.

A quick question for people:  I've recently become more interested in big data/machine learning aspects of public policy. CMU has a great reputation in this area - does anyone know how accessible some of these classes would be to Heinz students?

I got into the 3-semester track and received my acceptance last Friday. It will be 6 years out of undergrad by September. 4 years intense policy job. GREs were okay..  158 verbal, 152 quantative, 4.5 essay. Had previously been accepted to Heinz before that intense policy job (long story!).. received $12k/semester. Submitted my app on deadline-day. CMU is my top pick, so I'm very excited.

I'm thinking since mine was completed only 2 weeks ago cuz of transcripts delay. . . that's why my decision hasn't been released?

Also, do you know if they send in all the acceptances and then start sending out rejections?

I think there are many people (including myself) who have not yet heard and who also submitted everything on time. If past years are indicative of this year, then acceptances are sent out between the end of February and the middle of March, so I don't think they have stopped sending out acceptances for now.

hey all! I'm about 90% sure I'll be attending Heinz in the fall--if there are any females out there who are also planning  on enrolling at Heinz and want to look for an apartment shoot me a message! I'm looking at Shadyside/Squirrel Hill, hoping to keep it at or under $500/person per month

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Received my acceptance to the two year MSPPM program in Pittsburgh and I've already sent my admission reply to attend Heinz in the Fall! :)

I'm receiving a full-tuition scholarship and a nonworking stipend contingent on high academic performance. I'm fresh out of undergrad and I rather not discuss my stats.

I cannot wait to meet everyone! I'll be flying down for admitted student weekend, but we should make a Facebook group.

Edited by zpal91

2 year Pitt - still waiting on WWS/HKS and a few others, but I'm pretty happy about it.

A quick question for people: I've recently become more interested in big data/machine learning aspects of public policy. CMU has a great reputation in this area - does anyone know how accessible some of these classes would be to Heinz students?

We're given like 42 credits of electives and you're able to take classes offered through the other CMU schools. That's what I read at least.