Admissions and Funding

Sharovella

Ok, I've been admitted to a couple of good schools, and am now expecting to hear from them about funding. 

One school wants an immediate response from me whether or not I'm going to attend it, but I will hear about funding only next week. 

Should I tell them that I'm going to attend their school? Will it increase my chances to get finaid or the opposite?

That is an entirely unreasonable request (*their request*). By agreement, you have until April 15th to notify schools of your decision regarding their offer of admission. While schools appreciate knowing your decision as soon as possible, they cannot force you to make a decision this soon. I would plainly tell them that you need to know about funding before you can make any decision. For most people, funding is a major concern, and I would be surprised if they responded to your request for more time with anything but understanding. After all, every professor has been in our shoes at some point. 

See here: http://www.uni.edu/~gotera/gradapp/results.htm

Edited by Captain Crunch

Thank you, I was freaking out because of it.

Now I just hope they will do as they promised and let me know about funding in the next couple of days.

Btw, I had no idea that there is some agreement about April 15th!