I think unofficial weightlist means that not only were you not good enough to make the first cut, but you're not even good enough to make the A team weightlist.... so basically we aren't even good enough for junior varsity... we're on the freshmen team.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually pretty mystified and stupefied. I emailed Jill this morning--let me mention that at least she is on top of her game-- and she emailed me back instantly saying she has not heard any news about my app. I have no clue what this means. At least its still 'in the running,' but from other peoples' reports it does not really make too much sense.

Yaggles -- she waits about 3 days to return my emails. Just saying. :)

Sorry. Guess I just got lucky. Maybe she feels guilty about erroneously inundating my inbox prior to the review process about failing to send transcripts from various schools. :| Maybe we have all just been emailing some person that doesn't really work for the school and is just having some fun. I don't know..... :?

I broke down and emailed Jill today. She said that the admissions committee just finished their decisions. "While your application was well received by the committee, it did not make the top tier of our rankings. Because we only admit applicants with funding; we will not know if a teaching assistantship will be available for a couple more weeks."

So does that mean rejection or wait list? I'm not sure why she's talking about assistantships if I'm not going to get in anyway. Does top tier mean the people they accept or the top 10 or something else? Goodness. I'm not sure if this really helps.

Speaking from experience... because I too received that email yesterday... literally word for word and asked her if that was an unofficial rejection and she said that my chances were very slim. So, for what it's worth I'm going with we're weightlisted.

Sorry. Guess I just got lucky. Maybe she feels guilty about erroneously inundating my inbox prior to the review process about failing to send transcripts from various schools. :| Maybe we have all just been emailing some person that doesn't really work for the school and is just having some fun. I don't know..... :?

I heard the other day that Keith Olbermann has 10,000 Twitter followers, but he's not even on there. It's some guy pretending.

Letterheads aren't difficult.

Great. :)

I broke down and emailed Jill today. She said that the admissions committee just finished their decisions. "While your application was well received by the committee, it did not make the top tier of our rankings. Because we only admit applicants with funding; we will not know if a teaching assistantship will be available for a couple more weeks."

So does that mean rejection or wait list? I'm not sure why she's talking about assistantships if I'm not going to get in anyway. Does top tier mean the people they accept or the top 10 or something else? Goodness. I'm not sure if this really helps.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that a dangling modifier? "Because .......funding; we will not know if a .......weeks."

With the slight chance of getting accepted to Purdue--the home of the beloved Owl--I thought I might rev up on some grammar for my class, so I could be wrong......Or maybe the semi-colon precludes dangling?

Muffinlit???

Did you get that email after contacting them... or did they just send it to you out of the blue? I'm curious as I'm in the same boat as all of you, at least, until that rejection letter finally comes.

Anyone else feel completely dejected at this point?

I got it after contacting them. I emailed Jill on Monday and that was what she emailed me back. And then I asked if that was an unofficial rejection and she said that my chances were very slim. That email was awful, and I can't believe that they sent it out to other people too. It made no sense and just frustrated me.

What are the chances, you think, of them actually contacting us formally? I havent emailed yet but I'm worried to anyway.

the same chance as Al Sharpton marrying a white woman.

+1

This is beginning to become upsetting. I was reminded today that the quasi-"official" time for responses is like the first week of April. I am only buying this as far as it kind of explains why we are all getting pushed around. It seems like every day fewer people post results, which means that realistically things are winding down.

Ok. Now I'm going to go cry in a corner... And the next thing you're going to tell me is that my mailman secretly hates me and has been forging rejection letters.

Oh god people, maybe we all should just go to work in fast food.

Instead of the pervasive emotional distress, we could have, the pervasive stink of deep-fried fish!

So has anyone heard anything new yet?

Tomorrow is April and I applied in October/November. Longest wait for a rejection ever, haha. It's making me miserable. I just want to know already, one way or the other, if I got into the program or I'm wait-listed or what. None of the other universities I applied to waited this long to accept/reject me, and I don't understand why Purdue thinks this is okay. It should not take 5-6 months (and, in some case, longer) to process an application & update the freakin' status!

YOU'RE KILLING ME, SMALLS, SERIOUSLY!

So has anyone heard anything new yet?

Tomorrow is April and I applied in October/November. Longest wait for a rejection ever, haha. It's making me miserable. I just want to know already, one way or the other, if I got into the program or I'm wait-listed or what. None of the other universities I applied to waited this long to accept/reject me, and I don't understand why Purdue thinks this is okay. It should not take 5-6 months (and, in some case, longer) to process an application & update the freakin' status!

I'm still waiting too, and on more than one school! Welcome to limbo.

Maybe after they update the applyyourself website tomorrow all of our statuses will change? Probably not, I can't see how, but still? I vacillate between wanting an answer and closure and wanting to keep my tidbit of a sliver of hope alive.