Personal statement -->For scholarship and admission

Good morning guys!!

Let me tell you that I've been accepted at the university of Newcastle for the MsC in marine engineering (hell yeah :) !), and I am right now trying to apply for a scholarship.

So, the question is : Do i have to write a new personal statement to fit the needs of the scholarship application, OR It is OK if I use the existing personal statement, which i also presented in the appilication form for the admission at the MsC ??

Thank you in advance

P.S.: Hope there is no other relevant topic (at least as I searched, i didnt find one! B) )

I would assume that you can use large parts of your existing essay (i.e. on why you are pursuing a master's degree, why in that subject, why you are likely to succeed and how it will help you achive your career plans), but you should also emphasize why you are applying to the scholarship, why they should invest their money in you and how the scholarship would help you excel in your envisioned program of study.

Edited by geitost

You can check with the school to see if the scholarship committee will have access to your original application. You may get some advice about what to focus on in your essay from whoever answers the phone in the grad office.

in my experience, scholarship applications generally require research project proposals and not statements of purpose as would be included as part of an admissions application. you should check the instructions or contact your graduate secretary for information. if the former is true, make sure to include an introduction with citations, a proposed methodology, expected results and an explanation of the potential impact of the proposed research. Most importantly, the text should explicitly state testable scientific hypotheses.

Thank you guys :) ! I am going to check if the scholarship office has access to the personal stetement of the appilication. If not, I an going to use the admission personal statement a bit more focused on the scholarship thing. Later on, I am going to propose a research programme , or ask for my partisipation in one programme of the already existing