what's the reputation of the M.Eng program in computer engineering at Boston University?

Burhan

I got an admit from boston university for the one year M.Eng program in computer engineering though I had applied for the MS program. Of course I have no financial aid from the university and I have to shell out $60,000 for a year if I join.

Can anyone please tell me about the reputation and job prospects of such a degree from Boston university. I am confused whether I should go for it or not. :( :(

It depends on what your aspirations are and who you are comparing BU with. BU's computer engineering program is good compared to XXX State University, but no so good compared to MIT, Berkeley, etc (for engineering at least)...

If your ultimate goal is just to get a job locally after your M.Eng, then BU will open you some doors.

I am not comparing Boston with MIT or Berkeley. No fun doing that. Yes my main concern is a job after my M.Eng . So I want to know the reputation of this program at BU in terms of job prospects. If I am taking a loan for the expenses of $ 60,000 , I should get the benefit of a good job prospect afterwards to repay it. Or should I go for a MS program in a lower ranked univ? What would be the job prospects of such a move?

I would buy a nice car if I had that much extra money to spend.

Seriously you need to do a lot of research before you make up your mind. Will you be able to land ypur dream job, paying you 120k/yr if you get your masters from Boston?

Otherwise why do you have to spend that much money just to get your masters degree from some 3rd tier engineering college.

That leaves me with the choice of choosing a low ranked university which probably will give me financial aid for my masters. But then what about the job prospects after getting a MS from such a university ?