NSERC 2009-2010

space_invaders

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In December you should've received an email from your university informing you that your application has advanced to the final stage of the process and has been sent off to NSERC. Your university should've also mentioned in that email that decisions come out around mid-April.

In December you should've received an email from your university informing you that your application has advanced to the final stage of the process and has been sent off to NSERC. Your university should've also mentioned in that email that decisions come out around mid-April.

That's interesting. This link http://tinyurl.com/c2xsks seems to have been updated on March 9, 2009, and it states that results should be sent out by March 31?

I think I'll get in touch with my department as well, perhaps things chance from school to school?

Thanks!

I just heard back from my department, and they stated that all applicants (regardless of whether or not they applied through their respective departments) should hear individually through Canada Post. So I guess it's turning into a frantic checking of my "physical" inbox as well as my "electronic" inbox! :D

I just heard back from my department, and they stated that all applicants (regardless of whether or not they applied through their respective departments) should hear individually through Canada Post. So I guess it's turning into a frantic checking of my "physical" inbox as well as my "electronic" inbox! :D

You mean they have already sent out the decisions?

Nothing today either. It's possible NSERC sent out notification a little late this year - they're behind on releasing the Discovery Grant awards list by a couple of weeks. I'll post again as soon as I receive news one way or the other...

It's still not technically the "end of March" yet. They could be fooling us all. Maybe they're going to randomly pick applicants tomorrow based on some Monte-Carlo AWGN methods. I wouldn't be surprised.

:roll:

I'll be happy if I hear by Friday. (That's how low my expectancies are after the whole application fiasco this year.)

space_invaders -> what application fiasco are you talking about?

Just the whole experience. Terrible treatment of prospective students overall. All of my professors were dumbfounded by the updates I was providing them... let alone shocked by the rejections.

Just as an example, I received an Open House invitation 1.5 weeks before hearing *anything* about admission in one case. In another, I had phone interviews in which a potential supervisor said he "really looked forward meeting me", and then received a rejection letter 6 weeks later. The story goes on and on.

I called them again today and they said we are sending them by mail tomorrow!!!!!

There you go! Gotta love Canadian bureaucracy. No different than most undergraduates -- leaving everything until the last day!