NSERC 2009-2010

space_invaders

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're supposedly mailing them today, I don't think we'll hear until Thursday at the earliest. Who know how long it'll take for the mail to make their way to the post office from the NSERC mail room? lol

Good luck, everyone! I'm waiting to hear about mine too, but I'm studying overseas beginning in Fall 2009. Anyone else studying overseas? Did you get your NSERC?

I'll be in the States... as far as I know, anything "outside of Canada" is valid as long as you graduated from a Canadian undergraduate program (which obviously is the case if you applied :) )

*crossed fingers for tomorrow*

I'll be in the States... as far as I know, anything "outside of Canada" is valid as long as you graduated from a Canadian undergraduate program (which obviously is the case if you applied :) )

Yup, I have a B.Sc. and (nearly!) an M.Sc. from a Canadian university, so all's well there. On another note, I've been reading the SSHERC (sp?) thread and they have all sorts of stats regarding success rates if you're forwarded to the national competition - are there similar things for NSERC? I checked the web page, but haven't found anything.

I'm seriously useless until I know about the outcome of this! Come ON tomorrow!

I've been reading the SSHERC (sp?) thread and they have all sorts of stats regarding success rates if you're forwarded to the national competition - are there similar things for NSERC? I checked the web page, but haven't found anything.

Statistics and patterns mean nothing this year... even if there were such stats, I'd say ignore them. As I've written in other occasions throughout this forum: this year's admission/grant process is a complete fiasco. One couldn't even expect the unexpected, as one couldn't define what was reasonable to expect this year!

*sigh*

Tomorrow will come soon enough, mate. :)

Received notification for PDF today (success, yay!). But - get this - they sent it to an old address (in Waterloo), not the one that was on my actual PDF application (Toronto). Lucky for me I know the people at the old address... If you don't hear in a few days, then try and find out what address NSERC has on file.

Best of luck to everyone.