GRE Goal Scores for a program in Forestry

maelduin

What do you think would be a good GRE baseline to look at for an MS in Forestry, say at a top tier school like the University of Washington. I'm working hard on studying for my first try at the test. So far I can get around a 164-166 in Verbal on practice tests, but I'm under 160 on the quant. What do you think I would need for a good school like UW?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Just putting this out there again for consideration if someone is following me, but what if I scored the following:

V: 167

Q: 156-160

AWA: 5-5.5

I have a 3.2 GPA from a Big 10 School, my Major GPA was a 3.9, however and I showed some incredible improvements in my last 3 years. 

With that, some good LORs and at least some attempt to show that I'm working hard to do some sort of "research" or that I'm actively interested in this field, do you think I have a chance at programs like those at the University of Washtingon, Wisconsin Madison, Oregon State University, or University of Idaho? Colorado State is also somewhere in that list. I don't think I can make it into a program like Yale or Berkeley, but maybe I should play down my chances too much.

Anyways, just looking for some input, what do you think?

For background, I'm an arts major with a Japanese and East Asian Studies focus who spent 4 years in Japan teaching. I'm trying to go back and do something I'm actually passionate about.

The scores you posted for University of Washington are in line with average grad students there. Your verbal scores are actually better than average for that school. I think you'll do fine based on what you posted.

Thanks for getting back to me DLBack! Out of curiosity, where do I find information like the average scores on grad profiles? I've tried to hard to find these things and yet it's pretty hard to find a lot of reliable information. Any pointers?

DLBack,

Thanks again! I looked at Berkeley's site too and it was pretty clear about their requirements. I hope I am competitive, it looks like I could be... it almost seems like the requirements are pretty similar to my specs.

Thanks!