When would you send out your GRE scores?

jazzrap

Hi guys,

One friend of mine applied last cycle and told me that ETS failed to deliver his scores to a program. It was before mid-November when he ordered the score delivery, so it was quite a mess on ETS' part. I wonder whether we should send them out as early as possible. I am planning on sending them out in mid October, and email departments to ask whether they have received the scores. Do you guys think this is a good idea? My worry is that the staff might not remember a score report delivered too early? Say if they got the score report in early November they would put it somewhere they might not be able to find, so making it hard to relate my profile to the scores. 

So what do you think?

Administrators will not forget that you submitted a score report. All of this is managed on a pretty large scale, and as soon as the score report comes in your file will be started (if it isn't already active). Once you have your list of schools, it doesn't hurt to send the reports early.

Good luck!

Administrators will not forget that you submitted a score report. All of this is managed on a pretty large scale, and as soon as the score report comes in your file will be started (if it isn't already active). Once you have your list of schools, it doesn't hurt to send the reports early.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thank you for the response. May I ask what you mean by "if it isn't already active"? Does that mean that once I filled out personal information in my applicant account my file would be activated? Plus, do you think I can email them to check if the scores have been delivered? Or they will not likely answer those questions given that they are so busy?

From the administrators I've talked to, my perception is that when a department knows you'll be applying, which is assumed when they receive your score reports, LORs, application, etc, then they will start your file (either manually, or they have an electronic system that does it). You are always allowed to email and ask if your scores or materials were received, but that doesn't mean you'll get a response. Some schools are better about updating information online and responding to student inquiries, other school don't do much of either.