What is advantage of applying as early as possible?

nasa2015

Hello

I often read that it is better to apply as early as possible, why is that if the adcom will review my app after deadline? or not!

When do exactly the review process begin? as soon as the app's submission or short after the deadline? And does it make any difference if I submit early Sep or just before the deadline?

Thank you so much in advance for response

It depends on the university. Some review as applications are completed, in which case it's definitely to your advantage to apply early. More often than not, they don't look at anything until the deadline. There are still some advantages to applying early:

1. Plenty of notice for letter writers.

2. Plenty of time for you to notice if something's missing. If you order a transcript today, and then you check your online application status on Nov. 1 and the transcript still hasn't been received, you can send it again with lots of time for it to be received by even the earliest (Dec. 1) deadlines.

3. Peace of mind. Getting it done soon after applications open, instead of waiting until the last minute, means your part in the process will be done until further notice, and you can sit back and relax for the rest of the fall. This one is really up to personal preference. Personally, I don't want to keep feeling the unfinished applications hanging over my head, so I've been doing them all as early as possible.