Application deadline?

Hi Everyone, 

I'm a bit stressed out with applications and whatnot. I rescheduled my GRE general test to next month because my scores on the practice tests were inconsistent, and I didn't feel comfortable taking it... which means, I will be applying to schools late November. I know this may be a silly question, but do you think that'll hurt my application, since a lot of deadlines are December 1st?

Thanks

I've never thought of submitting an application on time as hurting.

My assumption would be that a deadline means the committee will not give serious consideration to any application until after that posted date. It may vary from school to school, but I would assume that most faculty are far too busy in the middle of a term (which is when deadlines usually fall) to really put any effort into looking at graduate applications.

One thing you might want to consider, though, is that your GRE score may be sent to schools a bit after the deadline if they require an early December application. Sometimes you can check online to see if a school has received your score, but you might think of emailing schools to ask/let them know you took the GRE before the deadline and the score will be to them as soon as ETS gets it there.