Waitlisted Minnesota

I did not attend the prospective student weekend. I am living abroad and was not able to visit any schools.

My areas are literary theory and contemporary American literature. 

Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Thanks! Thats good for me, then. Hopefully some more of us get notified soon  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I just found out that I've "moved up to number eight" on the wait list. This was relayed as happy news, but doesn't seem all that encouraging. Anyway, it's good to know and I'll probably stop holding my breath now. I did not ask if this was within a specific subfield, but I imagine so.

FWIW, I just found out that I've "moved up to number eight" on the wait list. This was relayed as happy news, but doesn't seem all that encouraging. Anyway, it's good to know and I'll probably stop holding my breath now. I did not ask if this was within a specific subfield, but I imagine so.

How did you get this information--did you call the department? I wanna know my status! This process is the worst. 

I emailed Dr. Scheil (who had contacted me before) and explained that I only have a small window to visit the campus with my job situation and need to put in my requests soon. I basically asked for insight on the wait list to see if I should try to visit in April or May. I didn't ask for my rank, but she gave it to me.