Columbia Statistics Master (Lost Application)

TimothyW

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I am applying for statistics master as an international student holding a US degree,

I haven't not got any news from for Columbia yet, and hence I called the department and found out this week that they actually LOST my application (I submitted my application on Jan 30th, and I still can log in the website and view my application), they said I needed to email the admission and see if they can retrieve my application,

and they are not opening until Monday...:(

Does anyone have a similar situation? Is anyone applying the same degree here?

I wonder even if I re-submit/they retrieve my application, they are going to consider it IF the decision results have come out already......

Thanks in advance...

Firstly, sorry to hear that :( I've applied to the same exact program, and it didn't happen to me, it's truly unfortunate.

I honestly wouldn't know what to say because it seems as if they've already contacted who they'd accept, while placing others on waitlist (or rejections?). I'm currently on the waitlist, I was given an ultimatum to decide by April 20th....and I only assume that accepted students must make a choice around that time as well.

It wouldn't hurt to re-sumbit or have them retrieve your application since you've already paid for it, but I couldn't say if how it'd influence your admissions...especially this point in the game. Sorry but good luck Tim

re: BayAreaStat86

thanks...are you from Bay Area? I am in Bay Area also.

I am also waiting for UCLA and cornell's decisions....

are you applying for these two?

I called UCLA today and they said my application is still under review.... :(

But I do believe they have given decisions to some applicants already....

And for Cornell, I called them this Tuesday, and the lady on phone said she is going to send me an email regarding the application status,

but I never receive it, I tried to call back, but no one picks up the phone...

I wonder if it's because I am international student...so the decision is delayed and delayed....

sigh...I still do not have any offer...I am so worried... :cry:

re: fesity

Are you also applying for statistics master?

Have you solved the problem yet?

I can't imagine they will seriously consider an application at this time, so you should push them to refund your fee, or, if you don't have another admissions offer, ask them to consider it for the Fall 2010 semester, and see if you can update you application materials between now and then.

I also doubt that, and I asked the department about it.

They just said that, it's okay, the deadline for international student is June 1st.

But I don't know if US residents and international student really consider seperately...

Yo Tim,

We picked great places to live...our karma allowed us to grow up in such a diverse environment, such that of the Bay Area!

I've applied to UCLA and I am awaiting their decision. I am also waiting on a few other UC schools, I know that each had already offered some early acceptances, but hopefully there's still some available seats for each program, enough for some of our Bay Area culture!

Good luck Tim, I wish you the best.

Akira