Virginia Tech reject

JessePinkman

So I received a reject from Virginia Tech for MS in Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering & Management). This was my first choice and I really wanted to go to this school. They haven't mentioned the reason for rejection but I know its due to my low grades. My overall GPA is 3.17. For First year it was 3.60 (66%), for 2nd year 2.81 (51.4%), for 3rd year it was 3.18 (57.8%). I am still an undergrad in my final year. So for my applications I had sent them the results till semester 6th. However in the 7th semester I have significantly improved my grades and i scored 64% (3.5 GPA) and I'm pretty sure I can improve more in my last semester. So can I write to them informing abt my 7th semester result and politely ask them to reconsider? Do you know any case in which they really reconsidered the student. Or is it just a waste of time?

Edited by JessePinkman

Hmm..I dont want a gap in my education. So I'll settle for Purdue or CU Boulder. Anyways thanks for the reply.

For engineering, a gap if your education (work experience) would be very helpful.

I agree though that it is not worth asking them to reconsider. I would take another offer or apply again next year.