Waiting on SIU Carbondale (SLP)?

Has anyone else not heard a decision from SIU Carbondale? There are only two posted acceptances this year so far, yet someone posted that they got an email from SIU saying all acceptances were already sent out. I did not get that email! Pretty confused... This is one of only two potential options I have left for grad school in the fall. I am hoping this doesn't mean I can expect a rejection :/. When did you hear from them about a decision? Did you receive the email saying they were done?

Hi Nata25,

I received an acceptance from SIUC (I got an email from them on March 4th) and from what I understand, they are waiting to notify the rest of the applicants until April 15th, when they know how many remaining slots they have available.  It can't hurt to email SIUC and verify this information, though!

I think it's so unfair that there are some schools out there that don't let you know where you stand.  I'm having the same issue with Elmhurst.  They have sent out acceptances and yet I haven't got any notice to let me know if I'm wait listed or rejected.  You'd think they could send out an email!  It's hard to make a decision when you don't have information from all your schools. :(

Best of luck!

Edited by sayjo

Thanks for your input sayjo. I guess I'm a little more optimistic now? I sure hope they let us know soon! At least you have lots of other options to consider! :)

I feel very blessed to have options, but you should be optimistic top!  You're also on two waiting lists, and I know that those move a LOT after April 15th.  Keep thinking positively! :)

SIUC never gave me an admission decision, and when I asked they replied saying "We only received part of your application". Kind of frustrating that they just told me that after the fact. Glad I was accepted elsewhere.

SIUC never gave me an admission decision, and when I asked they replied saying "We only received part of your application". Kind of frustrating that they just told me that after the fact. Glad I was accepted elsewhere.

Oh my gosh! Was this recently?