Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi!  I'm applying to the University of Washington's PhD in Education policy.  Is anyone else?  I'd love to share information!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I don't know how relevant it may be, but I applied to the MEd Social and Cultural Foundations at UW as a potential option aside from the other PhD apps I sent off this year.

Posted

Awesome!  Let me know if you hear anything.  I am just sitting here waiting, as I am sure you are as well.  :)

Posted

Hi! I'm not applying to the same program, but I did apply to UW, as well (EdD, C&I). Whittylin, I think we've chatted on the Penn GSE discussion, as well! Best of luck with your applications to both schools. I haven't heard from either school, but I think it's still early for UW. Fingers crossed!

Posted (edited)

Hi there! I am applying the Educational Psychology -Measurement And Evaluation, PhD UW. 

 

I am an international applicant and I think it is a long shot for me. I got a MA in PoliSci from Iowa and one-year math teaching in Denver.

 

You guys have impressive profiles. And I am glad we can share info in this forum about same schools.

 

Good luck to everyone :D 

Edited by queenmq
Posted

Best of luck to all of you too!  Yay tchrsquirrel!  Good to see you here too!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

TOday I got a email saying the application sent to the committee to review. Looks like the whole thing just starts.

 

Anyone else got any news?

Posted

TOday I got a email saying the application sent to the committee to review. Looks like the whole thing just starts.

 

Anyone else got any news?

 

I got the same email today. When I saw the email subject line, I jumped, only to find that they are just telling me that they are processing it. Rather unamusing, for sure.

 

Awesome!  Let me know if you hear anything.  I am just sitting here waiting, as I am sure you are as well.   :)

 

The email's all I got. Second cycle here for applications, so am rather antsy here, but all we can do is wait, I guess. Good luck to both of you too. 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I got a rejection email today.  Bummer.  Well, I have hope for two other schools....

Posted

Oh. Was that post yours? I was just about to say that the College of Education began announcing... I have yet to be tapped. We shall see...

Posted

After being rejected from the PhD program, they asked me to apply and interview for the MEP. I did, and was just accepted today.  It looks like an amazing program with amazing opportunities.  I have some thinking to do.

Posted

After being rejected from the PhD program, they asked me to apply and interview for the MEP. I did, and was just accepted today.  It looks like an amazing program with amazing opportunities.  I have some thinking to do.

@whittylin, it is nice they actually asked you to apply and interview for the MEP and you got accepted. I just got the rejection email for PhD today, not sure what kind of students they usually ask to apply to Masters......anyway, congrats!

Posted

@whittylin, it is nice they actually asked you to apply and interview for the MEP and you got accepted. I just got the rejection email for PhD today, not sure what kind of students they usually ask to apply to Masters......anyway, congrats!

 

So sorry!  I think they asked me to apply for the Master's of Ed Policy because if would still allow me to pursue some of the same career goals as I would with the phd?  Not sure.  They seem to be rejecting a ton of Ed PhD and EDD this year.

Posted

Hi!  I'm applying to the University of Washington's PhD in Education policy.  Is anyone else?  I'd love to share information!

 

I applied to the PhD in Social and Cultural Foundations and haven't heard anything yet, except that they processed my materials (but that was a while ago).  I'm in the waiting game with you!

  • 1 month later...
Posted

fullbrighter2015, I just accepted the offer for the MEP at UW!  I went to the visiting students' day a few weeks ago, and loved it!  Are you going to attend?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use