Berkeley M. Eng EECS F'15

cc14

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... I emailed them but the EECS department never answered, just the Fung Insitute and they said that decisions would be sent out by email within the next weeks... But that is far from a estimated date. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Reporting in, guys!

I am also awaiting for results, super-anxious about decisions to come out.

BTW, does everyone here have CS bachelor's background? I am applying to data science concentration and my bachelor's degree was at finance and statistics. I have pretty good technical background, though I am a little bit worried that the lack of CS academics might be a stop-factor for admission committee...

I had an interview and have heard nothing ever since. But yeah... it feels pretty late in the game for an admit. But I have heard nothing of admits for EECS externally... 

Said that... if any of you guys know of someone that got admitted, I think it is time to lose hope and move on.... Also please let me (us) know if that is the case.

Edited by cc14

it seems IEOR is sending rejects already... there is also some rejects for EECS in the timeline, not sure if people are trolling or if it is true... Anyway, keep us posted. 

Edited by cartmanpi

I saw two (from UCB undergrad) and they both seemed from the same person from the way it was phrased. I could not seem to see more than that... I don't know how the UCB undergrad got in without GRE... for me it sounds like troll just like the rejects...

Edited by cartmanpi

I don't think people are trolling. Must be really jobless to do that here! This time it's been quite different, especially so few people have reported to have been interviewed! Last year several people did. So there seems to be some hope.

I honestly don't have good hopes for this program... I emailed Breanne Tcheng, the coordinator of the program and she said:

"Admissions decisions for the MEng program are in the process of being finalized. In the next week or so, you will be able to view an updated decision on your account."

I feel that the updated decision on the account is a rejection, since admits are given out by email... IDK... maybe is just me being negative.

stop freaking out for every little word that could lead to different interpretations... dont let your mind fool you!

EE is probably one of the programs with the highest demand at UCB. We would have heard acceptances/rejections in mass if they would have been released by now.

JUST WAIT