CS PhD Princeton decision

njrrd

Hi everyone,

I was calling the princeton graduate admission for my PhD application to Princeton since I saw the first round of admits are already sent out. I was told that the decision is going to be released by the end of this week and all the decisions has been made, but they seemed not willing to tell the decision through phone. Does that mean it should be assumed as a rejection? Please let me know if you have had any similar experience and how it went.

I think that means a rejection--I got a generic email regarding my acceptance, which suggests that it was mailed to all accepted.

Thanks for the reply and it is indeed a rejection as I received email today. Strong ROL from the CS profs at Princeton and one first author top-tier pub. Dunno wht else they want.

Thanks for the reply and it is indeed a rejection as I received email today. Strong ROL from the CS profs at Princeton and one first author top-tier pub. Dunno wht else they want.

Is it too early to start the sour grapes talk yet? I wasn't fond of the whole Dean's Date system anyway. Who wants to take finals after winter break?

Seriously though I think it's probably a matter of fit/the department becoming oversaturated. I think they're just not able to take many students at a time.