UMich vs Northeastern Uni

Wishful Thinker

Umich!!! Although I am biased since I've been here for 6 years and love the university and Ann Arbor. I have never heard of Northeastern University and I don't know how their Bioinformatics program is ranked, but you can't go wrong with Michigan.

Hey guys if u had to choose between these two which would u prefer? And why?

Are you doing the Master's program, or the PhD? I would say probably UMich either way, unless you are getting a master's and then hoping to go right in to industry… Northeastern will put you in a better position for a lot of contacts that could lead to jobs in the Boston area. UMich is definitely the stronger program though. 

Congrats!!

When did you hear back from Michigan?

Are you doing the Master's program, or the PhD? I would say probably UMich either way, unless you are getting a master's and then hoping to go right in to industry… Northeastern will put you in a better position for a lot of contacts that could lead to jobs in the Boston area. UMich is definitely the stronger program though. 

Congrats!!

When did you hear back from Michigan?

Well actually I havnt heard back from UMich! wanted to decide if I should apply. I kinda applied to universitites I wasnt going to before & didnt apply to ones I had originally planned....basically did a little more research & revamped my list of universities to apply. & yeah I'm applying for Masters , not planning on doing a PhD soon.

Hoping I do get in UMich!

How about you?