Florida Atlantic University

I am anxiously awaiting a decision from Florida Atlantic University speech pathology masters program. Does anybody know how competitive this school is to get accepted? Or when they will be notifying people? My gpa is 3.8 gre v-145 q-150 a-4. I know my verbal gre isn't the best but my quantitative is higher along with my gpa. I really hope I get accepted here!

I am anxiously awaiting a decision from Florida Atlantic University speech pathology masters program. Does anybody know how competitive this school is to get accepted? Or when they will be notifying people? My gpa is 3.8 gre v-145 q-150 a-4. I know my verbal gre isn't the best but my quantitative is higher along with my gpa. I really hope I get accepted here!

Me too!   :)  

I met with one of the professors in their program and was told they received almost 400 applications last year.  They accept between 20 to 25 students per year, so approximately a 5% to 6% acceptance rate.  I'd say their program is competitive because it's small and they get so many applicants.  Even Nova, previously known for accepting students with lower GPAs, now has a 3.0 minimum.  The competition to get into a program is insane. :wacko:

FAU's GRE minimum scores used to be higher;  I think it was 153 for verbal and 149 for Q and 4 for AW.  Now their website states that applicants with scores lower than 145 in V and Q aren't likely to be accepted.  Also, they no longer consider the AW score in their decision.  I don't know what prompted these changes.  

Anyway, looking at last year's results, applicants began to receive notification around this time and continued on through March.  We have to be hearing something soon.   :blink:

Good luck to you!

Edited by CAD

This waiting game is for sure nerve wrecking. I do believe FAU gets a lot of applicants, but the average applicant is slightly less competitive then say FSU or UF. So, I think you have a good shot. Of course, who knows. There is as much luck as skill in these things. You can only put yourself in competition. The rest is out of your hands. Good luck! =) 

• 2 weeks later...

I am also waiting on FAU's notice! I wish I could get in! It is definitely in my top list.  My stats: 3.88 GPA, 154V/Q 4AW. I'm from SoFlo and FAU would be a dream.  I hope we all get in! It seems like it is an extremely competitive school. Wish you all well. 

I've heard nothing from FAU yet.  I contacted the CSD dept. last week and was informed they plan to send letters out this week.  Also, they're having their re-accreditation review this week, which could be delaying things.   I'm tired of waiting.   :wacko:

ATTENTION ATTENTION FAU HOPEFULS: I called FAU today and was told that acceptances were mailed out yesterday (3/18). The woman I spoke too wasn't entirely sure, but she believes that waitlist letters have not been sent and that rejections will be emailed by the graduate college. Good luck everyone!

ATTENTION ATTENTION FAU HOPEFULS: I called FAU today and was told that acceptances were mailed out yesterday (3/18). The woman I spoke too wasn't entirely sure, but she believes that waitlist letters have not been sent and that rejections will be emailed by the graduate college. Good luck everyone!

Thanks for posting this.  Good luck to everyone!

I haven't heard anything from FAU either. If anyone gets an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection letter/email please let us know :) thanks guys and good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

For those accepted, is there a deposit? I was informed there wasn't a deposit for graduate students but if that's the case how do we insure we are accepting our spot in the program?

• 2 weeks later...