Princeton Neuro vs. Stanford Psych

laminator

So I've got a tough decision to make, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I've narrowed it down to these two options.

Princeton Neuroscience:
+ Program is more computational and provides more technical training, especially with its Quant. & Comp. Neuro track.
+ >4 professors I'd like to work with, seem to get along with well, and the students I've talked to say they're great.
+ Neuroscience degree possibly more employable
+ Extremely collaborative department, almost all students are dual-advised, and the professors all publish papers with many of their colleagues
+ Faculty seem younger and more vibrant
+ I felt slightly more excited about the department when I was there.
+ Fellowship, higher stipend, 37-39k
+ Gorgeous facilities.
+ Only teach 2 semesters
+/- Rotations = More chance to explore what I want to research, but possibly longer time to graduation
+/- Less coursework, 2 required classes, or 5 for the QCN track = more time in research, but less training in my new field.
- Princeton isn't the most exciting place, but is close to NY
- Probably worse connections, especially outside academia
- Students seemed slightly unhappy, not with the program, but just overall

Stanford Psychology:
+ Working with a quite well-known professor. Major connections both in academia and out. (e.g. advised one of the major faculty members at Princeton)
+ All his/her students say (s)he's a great mentor, and he doesn't seem to micro-manage too much, which I prefer.
+ (S)he just started a research project in a pretty cool area which I'm definitely interested in. 
+ Center for Mind, Brain and Computation offers a dual-advisorship program where I could do basically a minor with a professor from computer science, math, or engineering, to increase my technical abilities. 
+ Generally Stanford has lots of convenient silicon valley connections, which could make great networking opportunities if I choose to leave academia post-Ph.D.
+ Probably slightly more prestige, (and maybe that's what really matters? http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/1/e1400005)
+ Department funding for full degree, instead of funding off grants like most schools do (even Princeton with fellowship doesn't cover everything, some is paid by your advisor once you choose one). This means I could change advisors if I so choose without financial difficulty.
+ More excited about the student cohort (both applying and current) at Stanford
+ Students seemed very happy.
+ Talked to several current students who came from backgrounds similar to my own, and they all love the program.
+/- Much more coursework, 7-11 classes, at least 5 of which are pure Psych classes, so more training in field, but way more time in class
+/- Start immediately in lab, so faster to research, but no chance to explore different topics, and switching advisors isn't especially encouraged.
- Have to teach 5 semesters, way more work.
- Probably higher cost of living, and slightly lower stipend,  34.5k (+1.5k for travel/etc.)
- Psych degree less employable?
- Palo alto isn't the most exciting place, but is close to SF

(sorry for the wall of text.)
Edited by laminator

If they're close enough in comparison that you're having trouble deciding, you might want to make the happy/unhappy students your tie-breaker. They both seem like great options otherwise but personally, I would avoid a program where everyone seems unhappy like the plague. Even if it isn't the situation making them unhappy, they're just unhappy to begin with, being surrounded by that for ~5 years is going to be exhausting.

Also, yes, a psych degree might be slightly less employable but it sounds like your potential advisor has great connections. Connections are everything, especially in psychology.