MSE Columbia Fall 15

lobo

That's great lobo.

Which is the other ivy and other admit you have? If you don't mind sharing. :)

Data analytics @ Cornell

Btw i dont think that guy received an admission letter... There's noone else on the tracker or anything, idk..

Im sure we will all hear back this week

Data analytics @ Cornell

Btw i dont think that guy received an admission letter... There's noone else on the tracker or anything, idk..

Im sure we will all hear back this week

LoL. Actually that guy does give me a feeling that he is faking himself. He sounds like a robot. 

Cornell is great ! Have you accepted ? 

LoL. Actually that guy does give me a feeling that he is faking himself. He sounds like a robot.

Cornell is great ! Have you accepted ?

Not yet, waiting for Columbia ;)

I didnt have an interview with my other ivy and I still got an acceptance... Truth is we dont know how their criteria works so I wouldnt lose hope either!

Hey Lobo... Am confused. I submitted my application on 6th Jan EST 5am. But I was able to edit my application till last Monday. Then on Tuesday I couldn't edit it anymore so i presume it went for review then. And since I didn't get any interview request and everyone who applied before 6th seems to have got some decision or other, what could have happened with mine? I gather they are in their spring break currently but honestly I am starting to lose hope. 

Hey Lobo... Am confused. I submitted my application on 6th Jan EST 5am. But I was able to edit my application till last Monday. Then on Tuesday I couldn't edit it anymore so i presume it went for review then. And since I didn't get any interview request and everyone who applied before 6th seems to have got some decision or other, what could have happened with mine? I gather they are in their spring break currently but honestly I am starting to lose hope. 

I applied in early December and still haven't heard a word from them. Your argument stands invalidated.  :D

Hey... as I said before, I dont know what their plan is. I wish I could give you an answer for that, but I am just someone like you who is waiting for his application to be accepted. 3 weeks ago I started this thread because I received an interview invitation, I am not familiar with what people say about applications still being editable or not to be honest. Check Messi10's example... Hang on tight and hopefully this week we should all hear from them.

I know we all seek to find support or a positive word from each other, but right now I cant say any more than that...

Good luck

When will I know the decision? 
PhD and MSFE applicants will be notified of their admissions decision or contacted for more information no later than the third week of February. MS-MS&E, MSIE and MSOR applicants for the Fall semester will be notified of their admissions decision or contacted for more information no later than the third week of March.

Source: http://ieor.columbia.edu/admissions-questions

Edited by messi10

I wonder when does their "third week of march" begin. In the gregorian calendar I follow its already the fourth week. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey guys . Let's calm down.

They haven't replied to my 4 emails already since March 11th. The only reply, which does not work at all, comes from an intern in the department.

I suppose so many meetings and decisions are going on there. Let's wait for good news together. :)

I wonder when does their "third week of march" begin. In the gregorian calendar I follow its already the fourth week. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe they ignore the spring break week which is last week. Hope so

just received the offer via website. any of you received it too?

Congratulations ! Emnoda !

Could you possibly tell us which region you belong to? Since I know the admission team usually evaluate applicants region by region. :)

just received the offer via website. any of you received it too?

Many Congratulations Emnoda!! :)

Where in the application portal did you see your decision?

Is it under the application status? 

All I see there is this:

Application Category Application Status Notes Submitted icon_complete.gif Application submitted on 19/7/2014. Fee Paid icon_complete.gif 19/7/2014 11:20:15 PM - $85.00 Letters of Reference icon_complete.gif Letters of Reference complete.

What about you decaf? :)

I applied in early December and still haven't heard a word from them. Your argument stands invalidated.  :D

Yeah, I guess. But I may seriously develop a chronic stress disorder or something because of this.  :mellow: And congrats Emnoda. You made it to the other side. :)

Edited by prudhvi79er

Hey... as I said before, I dont know what their plan is. I wish I could give you an answer for that, but I am just someone like you who is waiting for his application to be accepted. 3 weeks ago I started this thread because I received an interview invitation, I am not familiar with what people say about applications still being editable or not to be honest. Check Messi10's example... Hang on tight and hopefully this week we should all hear from them.

I know we all seek to find support or a positive word from each other, but right now I cant say any more than that...

Good luck

Thanks Man ! Waiting it out.

Congratulations ! Emnoda !

Could you possibly tell us which region you belong to? Since I know the admission team usually evaluate applicants region by region. :)

I am from ASEAN region :)

Many Congratulations Emnoda!! :)

Where in the application portal did you see your decision?

Is it under the application status? 

All I see there is this:

Application Category

Application Status

Notes

Submitted

icon_complete.gif

Application submitted on 19/7/2014.

Fee Paid

icon_complete.gif

19/7/2014 11:20:15 PM - $85.00

Letters of Reference

icon_complete.gif

Letters of Reference complete.

What about you decaf? :)

there will be an Offer page beside Profile menu. you'll be able to respond the offer from that page.