msc chicago anyone?

Gemini_Kanon

I have the same question. I am an international student and on the web it says the decisions will be available from March 1st.

But now there aren't any results on the cafe yet. Weird.

I know your feel. Its kinda weird, hopefully we will hear an answer soon...

Can I ask you two (rocketman and gemini_kanon) what you think of the MSCS program at Uchicago?  I got admitted, but I'm on the fence about this program.  It's very expensive, and they have a limited course selection.  Uchicago is a very prestigious school, but I'm not sure what they alumni network in the Tech sector is like.

Also did you guys apply for summer or fall start?

Edited by billrach

Can I ask you two (rocketman and gemini_kanon) what you think of the MSCS program at Uchicago?  I got admitted, but I'm on the fence about this program.  It's very expensive, and they have a limited course selection.  Uchicago is a very prestigious school, but I'm not sure what they alumni network in the Tech sector is like.

Also did you guys apply for summer or fall start?

Congrats on the admisson! I have an bachelor degree in statistics and economics instead of computer science. For me, there are quite limited choices for programs in cs and uchicago is one of the best I can apply for. 

I have the same concerns as yours about limited courses and how the uchi's fame works in tech companies. I also would like to work in trading firms so chicago is good place for me.  

If you have a solid background in cs and got other acceptances from schools like CMU, then this program might not be the best for you.

btw, don't know why they still haven't sent out decisions for internationals....

Hey...im on vacation so i havent been checking this website...i got notified of acceptance today...

Im a computer engineer, i have a solid CS background (at least from my point of view) and 4 years work experience. I also have 3 years experience as a part time lecturer.

Im quite surprised that i was accepted for the 9-course program and not the 12-course program. Also, im required to take entrance exams (math and programming)...anyone in this situation?. I will really like to go, but i feel kinda...insulted...

Hey...im on vacation so i havent been checking this website...i got notified of acceptance today...

Im a computer engineer, i have a solid CS background (at least from my point of view) and 4 years work experience. I also have 3 years experience as a part time lecturer.

Im quite surprised that i was accepted for the 9-course program and not the 12-course program. Also, im required to take entrance exams (math and programming)...anyone in this situation?. I will really like to go, but i feel kinda...insulted...

You can take a test to waive the prerequisites. Make sure to check the dates for the exams, it's only offered a few times a year.

Were you planning on doing one of those 3 course concentrations?  

You can take a test to waive the prerequisites. Make sure to check the dates for the exams, it's only offered a few times a year.

Were you planning on doing one of those 3 course concentrations?  

Yes, i was hoping to take the software engineering elective courses, but well...Im still very happy about it.

Thx for the info of that test...

Yes, i was hoping to take the software engineering elective courses, but well...Im still very happy about it.

Thx for the info of that test...

I'm pretty sure they'll let you add that 3 course concentration to your program.  I see no reason why they wouldn't want more money from you.

I'm pretty sure they'll let you add that 3 course concentration to your program. I see no reason why they wouldn't want more money from you.

Hahahhaa, youre right there. The program its very expensive, but what I really like its the flexibility of the program. Ill be able to study, take a heavy load of courses and then continue as part time, allowing me to work and stuff like that...

My professor recently told me that Chicago's program is very research and theory oriented. Knowing that now helps me deal with their rejection better as I am looking to enter the industry upon graduation.