SAIS Europe, GU, Elliott, NYU GSAS, AU SIS, or UCSD IR/PS

afgoodman89

I have been accepted into SAIS Bologna, GU's MA in Conflict Resolution, AU's SIS, UCSD IR/PS Program, and NYU's GSAS IR masters program and am having issues choosing which program to attend. I'm also waiting to hear back from Elliott. After graduation I intend to build a career in governmental or intergovernmental organizations focusing on conflict and refugee issues in the asian region. Any advice?

You and I have the same interests. I am studying international security in Asia and am struggling to decide between GW and SIS. I would say to focus on these 2 schools because of the opportunities, the asian research centers plus the faculty that focuses specifically on what you want to do. If you have ant advice for me I would appreciate it!

SAIS DC here. Also admitted to ESIA and SIS and still waiting for GU SFS yet. When did you get the admission from GU?

I'm also planning to concentrate in Conflict Resolution! But probably will go to SAIS……

I actually applied for GU's MA in Conflict resolution, which is a separate program than SFS (a much more narrow focus) although it shares some classes and the same career center. I actually heard back a couple of weeks ago for that. 

My worry is SAIS bologna will make any attempt to add in an asian studies component a bit difficult, as tempting as bologna is...

If you are trying to go the Asian route, absolutely do not do Bologna, you would be wasting your time that could be spent elsewhere. I would also place NYU far down on this list, as their IR curriculum is very broad. Here's how I'd prioritize:

1. Gtown - a very strong #1, Victor Cha is second to none. Also SFS is absolutely legendary.

2. George Washington - toss up between this and American

3. American - see above

4. UCSD - Great program, but isolated and the institution just doesn't have the prestige quite yet, along with its faculty.

5. NYU - no

Edited by sadao

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I also was accepted to GU CR MA Program, NYU, and Elliott.  Can I ask how much aid  you guys received from Georgetown? I got very little which has made it next to impossible for me to accept the offer, as much as I would love to.