Anyone still waiting for UCLA CS PhD decision

heilaw

Although some of the acceptance was sent out in early January, I had an informal meeting with a POI in the early March (no contact from UCLA before). In the meeting, I was told the decision should be sent out in late March. For those who are in the same situation, could you please share what you were told in the interview?

I got the email for requesting the interview early March, from one of my POIs. He told me at the time that the committee is finalizing the decision. During the interview I was also told that the decision should be sent out by the end of March. The prof said they were making some ranking from all the interviewees and finally would make the decision.

Is the interview process common for every applicant? I thought I was at around the borderline and that was the reason why I got the interview opportunity, but now I guess it is not true..

BTW, I've never known about grad cafe forum!! This is cool

I think interview is not common for every applicant as some have already reported they were rejected by UCLA after contacting them for decision status. Wish both of us can hear some good news by end of the March!!!

Late February, though I didn't have an interview, just informal contact with the department.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully we'll all hear back soon (with good news!)

My friend's son didn't have interview nor any contact from UCLA (computer science). and haven't heard from them about his application. It's moot because he's already committed to a better (for him) school anyway.

My friend's son didn't have interview nor any contact from UCLA (computer science). and haven't heard from them about his application. It's moot because he's already committed to a better (for him) school anyway.

Congratulations to your friend's son!

I have not had a call for interview, and I do not have any update either.

From the results update I see a few people got rejection emails on 11th of March.

And last year all the rejections were sent by 19th of March.

Are we toast? I'm freaking out because I did not even get an interview.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the department this week and was told that they have sent out offers to their "very top-tier applicants" for each subfield. I am among their "top AI applicants".

If any funding becomes available before April 15th due to one of the top-tier (AI) applicants rejecting the offer, then the department will contact me. I suspect the story is similar for Graphics/Systems/etc.

Best of luck to everyone!