Anyone Who Didn't Get A Response From USC?

Apathium

Is there anybody else without a positive or negative response from USC? 

People posted lots of admission/waiting list (20-22 Feb), and rejection (10-12 March) notifications from USC.

Problem is that I didn't get anything. I mailed them a week ago, no response. The website (https://usconnect.usc.edu/Login.aspx - and the applyyourself  system) says my app is still under review.

I mean I can wait more but I know I am costing some people time, since I cannot respond to those universities that accepted me without getting a response from USC (which is the last school to send me one).

I would contact the department at this point. I would tell them that you're very interested in the program and have been holding off some decisions in the hope that you will be admitted to USC. If you're certain that you would go to USC were you extended an offer, you could even put it in these terms: "I have been holding off some decisions in the hope of being admitted to USC, because USC is my top choice." I would reach out directly to the graduate admissions chair in the department. The reason for all this is that there is a slight chance that you've been wait-listed and that somehow you weren't informed. If you are wait-listed, departments do like to extend offers to people who are enthusiastic about the program. If you were supposed to receive a rejection notification and haven't, then there's nothing lost by reaching out the way I have described.

Edit: I suppose I should say that I think all of the departments have extended the initial admission offers at this point. If this was March 1, I would be encouraging you to hold off.

Edited by ianfaircloud

You're not alone, Apathium... I'm STILL waiting on my official letter from the graduate school office! I also have other associates who have yet to hear from them either. When I emailed one of the faculty in my department, they told me I'm one of their strongest candidates and unanimously selected to admit me. However, an email from a Graduate Admissions rep says I'm still "under review and a decision will be ready in a few days." The week before that, I spoke to someone on the phone who told me my decision should be posted by the end of the week (last week). It's INCREDIBLY frustrating since USC really is my top choice, and...barring a complete lack of funding, I want to commit there.

I would contact the department at this point. I would tell them that you're very interested in the program and have been holding off some decisions in the hope that you will be admitted to USC. If you're certain that you would go to USC were you extended an offer, you could even put it in these terms: "I have been holding off some decisions in the hope of being admitted to USC, because USC is my top choice." I would reach out directly to the graduate admissions chair in the department. The reason for all this is that there is a slight chance that you've been wait-listed and that somehow you weren't informed. If you are wait-listed, departments do like to extend offers to people who are enthusiastic about the program. If you were supposed to receive a rejection notification and haven't, then there's nothing lost by reaching out the way I have described.

Edit: I suppose I should say that I think all of the departments have extended the initial admission offers at this point. If this was March 1, I would be encouraging you to hold off.

Sorry, I forgot to add that I also contacted the dept. e-mail adress around one week ago. No response from there also.

Edit: Oh well I actually did say that in the initial post, but you mean I should contact the grad admissions chair. Well yeah, I can do that. Thanks for your suggestions.

Edited by Apathium