GRE Essay

fey

hi, every one,am close to writing my GRE exam,so I practiced this issue essay,and wanted a review of my practice.

To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

my essay goes does:

What makes up a society is the people that are born,breed and imbibed a culture passed on from generations to another,when you try to understand a society,you learn about the characteristics which is made up of  the quality of the persons in such society.there are various  characteristics of a society and a society can both include the main cities and few mildly known area of the same society.

One must study the major cities to be informed is that due to the presence of conspicuous tall magnificent buildings which are comprised of various offices which are almost equivalent to job opportunities, you observe there's an influx of persons to the city,the city attracts more and several people of varying culture to it,each culture with its peculiarities and behaviors,this gives you an idea of how there are several way to greet,communicate,request for information and also the way they dress,their lifestyle and events they have,example visiting the mall or cinemas or shopping in the city shows how people of a society love to relax,whereas in a rural area,due to lack of such amenities you may not see the way people relax.

Although the city may obscure the real characteristics of a society from the hustling and bustling life therein,you may be amazed to find detailed and hidden characteristics of a society where example in some particular place,the people believe every forth night there's a regard for a said "god" that doesn't allow you eat a particular food, such information may not be easily accessible in the cities.

Though studying the major cities can be a major value to important characteristics of a society,it has the tendency to hide profound and entrenched characteristics a society has.