GRE Essay

fey

hi guys, having my gre exam soon, practised the issue essay,can you access:

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

My response as follows

Educational institutions do have a responsibility to dissuade their students, because as soon as you enroll they do have a responsibility to make the best out of you when following a particular career path.

Well, when I was entering my school, I remember I had an apathetic character towards mathematics which made me go home initially with reports sheets that made my parents unpleased with me and even made me diffident, until I got a new mathematics teacher, he picked his interest in me, knowing with my attitude towards his class I could be an overall bad student or maybe he could inspire some passion for mathematics in me, and so he started his work on me, making it interesting ,making me inquisitive, and it wasn’t so long before I became a proposed mathematics genius, this example I gave it’s a point that my teacher who was part of the educational institution played his path to first access me before dissuading me about such part, meaning that before dissuading a student, has whoever in charge done his or her major role in promoting such career path.

Although I may have ended up that way but giving an example of my friend Janet who couldn’t still understand everything with all the inspiration and explanation giving to her and further changed department into English where she had much strength and interest, she was later a world renowned writer who at every single time she wrote a novel was always a bestseller, and I wonder if she was not put in the right path, she could have been a major disaster in this present times.

Another reason is, I don’t think any institution will like to be misrepresented outside in the world after so much hard work and goals such institution would love to achieve in each students, and they knowing that they are your primary caregivers concerning your career at  such cradle times, many people who are great and making waves for example John Tore where being changed along the way to the career paths they are in now from their educational institution, cause they were accessed by them and was lead the right way.

Thirdly I look at the footballers and most sportsmen, they all initially went to institution to get education but observing they did have strength in the sports field, they were inclined and encouraged to follow that pathway which if they were dissuaded they could have been some news of depression and suicide which are commonly found in students who do are frustrated in the wrong career path.

I cannot overemphasize that our educational institution are really the foundation where we have the basic knowledge of the outer world and how to cope well with it and if after doing the right training can predict whether we will be a success in that path then we should give them the allowance to lead us the right way.