Please rate my GRE issue essay.

Atc

THE BEST WAY FOR A SOCIETY TO PREPARE ITS YOUNG PEOPLE FOR LEADERSHIP IN A GOVERNMENT, INDUSTRY, OR OTHER FIELDS IS BY INSTILLING IN THEM A SENSE OF COOPERATION, NOT COMPETITION.

Those who are able to not only understand the importance of cooperation, but also the impact it can make within a group such as the ones in the prompt, government and industry fields, will make a well rounded leader. Of course, cooperation is not the only ingredient needed when preparing young people to become a leader, but for the sake of this essay I will focus on the topic at hand: cooperation, not competition, is the best way for a society to prepare young people for leadership.

A great example of what the lack of cooperation in a leader can do is to look at our own government. Back in 2014 our government shutdown because of the disagreement each side had with the opposing side. I do believe if the current leaders in our government had a better sense of cooperation our government would run much more smoothly. There is more competing than there is cooperating within our government, as is evident in the lack of progress being made that led to a government shut down. 

Being able to cooperate doesn't mean you must agree with what others have to say or do.  It is simply being able to work together to solve, plan or simply complete a task while working in a group setting. When preparing a leader, teaching them about cooperation is one of the most important qualities they could have.