UGA Fall 2016

alpal0623

• 2 weeks later...

well maybe that isn't so bad! both of us not hearing means there are other people that haven't heard either. the coordinator told me they would be done before now but i called last week and he never returned my call. it sucks that it's friday cause i doubt we would hear anything until monday at least... but i think it can't possibly be much longer. i hope they let us know financial stuff at the same time if we get in... it's getting very late.

Yeah I've looked through hear at past years and it seems like they are typically slow with sending decisions, unfortunately. It also sounded like people got the letter in the mail before they saw the status change online, which is kind of irritating! like you said I want to know soon! I have a deadline coming up April 15th and I wanna be able to visit UGA before I have to decide and such (I go to U of SCarolina now so I know a lot about UGA, just never actually been there to see it in person before!). I also applied to University of Houston and heard back from them quickly and was offered money but I still have a sweet spot for UGA! Where else did you apply, or is UGA your only choice? 

i actually applied to your school and got i but they STILL haven't told me about money... so technically i am enrolled there because i had to hold my spot. I love sc so i would be happy there but i also really like uga because my grandfather earned his msw there so i know a lot about it.

but i am from NC so for both of those schools i have to be offered a financial package of some kind which has yet to happen and it is truly frustrating. i have a school in NC that is giving me a decision extension but uga and usc are taking their sweet time with a lot of things haha. i also applied to fsu but they wont be getting back to me until april so the only way i would consider them is if they offered me a great deal or something.

What school did you apply to in NC? I applied to UNC Charlotte there but am still waiting to see if I get any money there since I'd be out of state (coming from MD). I applied to FSU too so that's funny! I love USC so much and I'll be sad to leave but I kinda just needed a change of scenery, you know? I know UGA tends to be a little more prestigious than USC but from what I've heard they're pretty comparable as a whole, so either way I think you'll enjoy where you are! But I know mine will end up going home too because I didn't want it sent to my apt here cuz we were having problems getting our mail to delivered to my complex... So it'll be going all the way to Maryland! It's killing me waiting; I keep going on the UGA grad status website hoping just maybe... Lol

Also idk about for graduate school but USC took over a month to send me financial information when I got in there for undergrad- they tend to be a little on the slow side haha you kind of have to keep pushing them to do stuff 

haha thanks for all the insight! I currently go to uncw which i got waitlisted for but i got into appalachian state. i was shocked to be waitlisted here as usc is ranked much higher than uncw is. and i am mostly waiting to hear about assistantship stuff but i may call usc and see about financial aid as well... and i definitely keep checking the uga site hoping it will change but nothing!

i just think all of the schools need to hurry up!! it's funny we applied to so many similar programs! uga and fsu feel like a bit of a reach for me but i dont know... its hard to tell. there are so many factors that go into it :/

I doubt they're a reach- from what I've heard different schools want really different stuff... I just want to be able to hear from UGA soon so i can make some decisions! It feels like it's getting so late! 

hey!! so i got an email this am saying i was not selected for an assistantship. i was annoyed because i had yet to hear about an admissions decision. So i emailed someone and she got back to me saying i recommended to the msw program, and once the grad school finalizes it, they will email me my letters. it sucks that i didnt get an assistantship but i think it is dumb that they are still taking so long to get back to people! i hope this helps!