2010 Department of State Critical Language Scholarship

Current Korbel Student

Hey everybody!

The results are up on the CLS application page. Just decided to check it randomly and the notification of decision status is there! (Though I didn't get an email)

I got it for Advanced Russian :D

I've been checking this forum like mad, so thanks everyone for keeping me up with all the latest updates.

And best of luck to all of you :)

Woohoo!!! I got in for Indonesia. Any other Bahasa Indonesia people out there on the forum?

Hi there. I got in for advanced Indonesian as well. Some one earlier mentioned that the info was available on the application site.... I got an email with the acceptance, but is there any other information available? like who else got in?

CONGRATS! I got it for Advanced Chinese! Freaking out a little.... :D :D Any other China people so far??

I got it for Advanced Chinese too!!!! I'm so soo happy!!!!! I didn't want to post before and curse it :P

Hi there. I got in for advanced Indonesian as well. Some one earlier mentioned that the info was available on the application site.... I got an email with the acceptance, but is there any other information available? like who else got in?

Here's what my acceptance letter says. Sounds like we will get another email with more info soon. I'm going to school in Portland studying geology. Where/what do you do kisu1492?

"The Accepted Student Portal has all of the necessary forms to complete and submit your formal acceptance of the scholarship. You will receive an email under separate cover with instructions on how to access the CLS Program Accepted Student Portal. Additional information will be added to the portal over the next month."

Here's what my acceptance letter says. Sounds like we will get another email with more info soon. I'm going to school in Portland studying geology. Where/what do you do kisu1492?

"The Accepted Student Portal has all of the necessary forms to complete and submit your formal acceptance of the scholarship. You will receive an email under separate cover with instructions on how to access the CLS Program Accepted Student Portal. Additional information will be added to the portal over the next month."

Hi Belalong. I got the same email. I'm at the university of hawaii in geography. are you a vulcanologist? did you apply for the advanced group too?

I got it for Advanced Chinese too!!!! I'm so soo happy!!!!! I didn't want to post before and curse it :P

Awesome!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to find out placement sites - will be neat if we end up at the same program. Any idea when we'll know if we're going to Beijing or Shanghai?

What's your previous Chinese experience like? Have you studied abroad before, or are you a heritage learner?

No idea! It looks like they might add a third site too. I'm excited to see what it is!

I took a gap year after high school to study Chinese at Tsinghua University in Beijing, and am now a second year at college in MA, where I am in "advanced" Chinese. Unfortunately, I am not a heritage learner. What about you?

Awesome!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to find out placement sites - will be neat if we end up at the same program. Any idea when we'll know if we're going to Beijing or Shanghai?

What's your previous Chinese experience like? Have you studied abroad before, or are you a heritage learner?

No idea! It looks like they might add a third site too. I'm excited to see what it is!

I took a gap year after high school to study Chinese at Tsinghua University in Beijing, and am now a second year at college in MA, where I am in "advanced" Chinese. Unfortunately, I am not a heritage learner. What about you?

Nice. :) I just graduated from undergrad, and studied abroad in China with CET in Beijing and Hangzhou during spring and summer 2010.

I'm kind of hoping to get placed in Shanghai since I've spent a good deal of time in Beijing, and would like to get to know a new city. I'll be thrilled with Beijing too, and happy to go wherever they place me. Just got an email that says we should hear about site placement March 1...

I'm an alternate as well, but for Arabic. At least I didn't get rejected outright, but waiting another month is going to be torture! I wonder how likely it is that someone would actually turn down the scholarship?

CONGRATS! I got it for Advanced Chinese! Freaking out a little.... :D :D Any other China people so far??

I got in for Chinese!!! Totally stoked and freakin out! So much for actually getting any work done today! Wheeeeeeeee!!!